(IRIS) Irish Remote Interpreting Service
The Irish Remote Interpreting Service (IRIS) provides a live access to an Irish Sign Language interpreter, using a variety of programmes such as Skype, ooVoo or Webex. IRIS is available:
Monday to Friday 9.20am -4.40pm. Closed for Lunch, 1-2pm.
IRIS will now open on Thursday evenings for October and November
Starting: 5th October 2017
Finishing: 30th November 2017
From: 5:00pm - 7:00pm
IRIS has set up an online booking system to make it easier for clients to see what appointment slots are available and book slots all in the one location.
- You can click on our Gettimely website https://iris2.gettimely.com/
- Click BOOK NOW
- Click on the relevant service. Partners of IRIS: CIC’s, MABS, NAS, DeafHear and Irish Deaf Society click IRIS Single Booking (Partner)
- If you are a first time user click IRIS FREE TEST CALL. Click NEXT
- Choose your date and time slot. Click NEXT
- Fill in your details. When satisfied all details are filled in click CONFIRM
- When IRIS receives your booking, you will then receive a confirmation email of your booking.
Click on the link to watch the video in ISL https://youtu.be/y5Zst1Ne55Q
The interpreter is based in the SLIS Centre and interprets using a computer with internet access and a webcam. This is an additional service and does not replace face-to-face interpreting.
IRIS is a collaborative project between DeafHear, The Irish Deaf Society (IDS) and Sign Language Interpreting Service (SLIS). Funded and Supported by the Citizens Information Board.
Service providers such as Government Departments, Citizen Information Offices, SOLAS (formerly known as FÁS), County Councils and Schools can avail of this service.
IRIS is particularly suitable for:
• Short Meetings (30 minutes max)
• Phone Calls (Remote Relay)
• Information Enquiries
• Education Interviews
• Meetings with your employer / supervisor
Please note that Government Departments, Public Bodies/Services are obligated by law to ensure their services are accessible to Deaf clients (Equal Status Acts 2000).
Tel: 0761 07 8440
Text: 086 012 5900
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/IRISinterpreting/